Current trip availability can be seen any time by clicking the book now tab.
Fishing Trip Rates: 4 Hours $400 / 6 Hours $550 / 8 Hours $650
- Trips can depart from Hilton Head, Bluffton, and Beaufort.
- Most trips are four hours, but anglers wanting to extend their fishing or to add other adventures like exploring sand bars or sight seeing to their trip can book six and eight hour “Full Day” trips.
- Most trips are limited to two people.
- A third angler can be added to half day inshore trips for +$60.
- Multiple boat trips can be coordinated.
Catch and Release: All of Green Heron Adventures’ charters are catch and release. While our fish taste great and our fishery is healthy and vibrant, our most popular fish species are struggling to reproduce as fast as our appetites are growing.
Flats and flood tide fishing trips are truly unique visual fishing experiences that will test anglers fish spotting and casting skills. If you are looking for a more traditional style of fishing with less of a challenge you will want to look at our inshore fishing options.
Flats Fishing trips target a wide range of areas looking for opportunities to spot and cast to red fish (red drum). Flats fishing for red drum is good year around and can be especially good during our winters. Seasonally, sea trout, cobia, jack crevalle, and triple tail can also be found on these trips.
Flood Tide Fishing trips are available April through November when large tides provide enough water to allow red fish to feed in our high marsh grass flats. During flood tides our red fish tend to get caught up in feeding making individual fish easier to spot and stalk. While easier to spot and stalk, accurate casting and careful fly/lure presentations are required to get an eat.
Inshore Fishing trips target a wide variety of species any day of the year using primarily light tackle. These trips are fun for novice to experienced anglers. Species that can be targeted year around include red fish, speckled trout, flounder, and black drum. Seasonally cobia, tripletail, Spanish mackerel, jack crevalle, and bull red drum (mature red fish) can also be targeted.
Fishing Trips Include:
- Fishing licenses for all anglers
- Rods, tackle, lures, flies and leaders
- Yeti 35 quart cooler with waters. Let the captain know if your bringing additional beverages and ice will be provided as well.
- Dry storage for your gear
- Coast Guard licensed and insured boat and captain
Things to Bring:
- Dress for and/or have layers available for the worst potential weather conditions.
- During days with mild temperatures and little wind long sleeves and pants are recommended for sand fleas.
- Sun screen (Please no spray on sunscreen), polarized sunglasses, and a hat
- Snacks, beverages of choice (soft sided coolers are welcome)
- Fly fishing anglers are encouraged to bring a 7-9 weight fly rod that they enjoy casting,
Things Not to Bring:
- Spray on sunscreen,
- Hard coolers/large or heavy objects
- Light tackle rods and reels
The Boat: Capt Rob operates a Beryllium 19 flats skiff that is designed to comfortably handle everything from open bays to stalking fish in less than seven inches of water. The skiff has comfortable seating, dry storage, and ample fishing space for a captain and up to three anglers. The Beryllium 19 is a one of a kind flats skiff designed and hand built by Chris Morejohn in 2020. Chris’s colorful 50 plus year career as a boat designer and builder holds many distinctions to include credit as the father of the modern flats skiff, cofounder of Hells Bay Boat Works and designer of their most iconic skiffs including the Whip Ray, Waterman, Professional, Guide, and Marquesa. For more on Chris Morejohn check out his website at chrismorejohn.com.