Green Heron Adventures specializes in Flats Fishing. These trips are perfect for anglers looking to sight fish with fly rods and/or light tackle. Year round, the majority of these trips target red fish (red drum) in shallow water. Seasonally, these trips can also include hunting for cobia, jack crevalle, and triple tail.
Flood Tide Fishing is a style of flats fishing that is so geographically unique to this area that it deserves its own booking category! From April through November, our red fish (red drum) put on a “tailing” show as they take advantage of exceptionally high tides to feed on crabs in grass flats. This is a favorite for both light tackle and fly anglers looking to test their casting accuracy.
When the tide is right Inshore Fishing trips are recommended for light tackle anglers who want to fish grass edges early in the morning for red fish, trout, and flounder.
Fishing Trip Rates: Half Day (4-5hrs) $450 / 3/4 Day (6 Hrs) $550 / Full Day (8 Hrs) $650
- Trips are limited to 2 passengers
- Multiple boat trips can be coordinated
Locations: While booking you can choose Hilton Head/Bluffton or Beaufort as your departure point. Occasionally conditions exist that may make it worth driving from one area to the other.
Trip Times: Our trip times and availabilities vary greatly based on what the tide is doing each day.
Catch and Release: All fish caught on our charters will be released.
Fishing Trips Include:
- Fishing licenses for all anglers
- Rods, tackle, lures, flies, and leaders
- Cooler with waters
- Dry storage for your gear
- Coast Guard licensed and insured boat and captain
Things to Bring:
- Dress for and/or have layers available for the worst potential weather conditions
- During days with little wind, long sleeves and pants are recommended for protection from sand fleas
- Sun screen (Please no spray on sunscreen), polarized sunglasses, and a hat
- Snacks, beverages of choice can be added to the boat cooler (soft sided coolers are also welcome)
- Fly fishing anglers are encouraged to bring a 8 weight fly rod that they enjoy casting
Things Not to Bring:
- Spray on sunscreen,
- Hard coolers/large or heavy objects
- Light tackle rods and reels
The Boat: Capt. Rob operates a Beryllium 19 flats skiff that is designed to comfortably handle everything from open bays to stalking fish in less than seven inches of water. The skiff has comfortable seating, dry storage, and ample space for a captain and crew. The Beryllium 19 is a one of a kind flats skiff designed and hand built by Chris Morejohn in 2020. Chris’s colorful 50 plus year career as a boat designer and builder holds many distinctions to include credit as the father of the modern flats skiff, cofounder of Hell’s Bay Boat Works and designer of their most iconic skiffs including the Whip Ray, Waterman, Professional, Guide, and Marquesa. For more on Chris Morejohn check out his website at chrismorejohn.com.