Current trip availability can be seen any time by clicking the book now tab.
Fishing Trip Rates: Half Day (4 Hrs) $450 / 3/4 Day (6 Hrs) $550 / Full Day (8 Hrs) $650
- Trips can depart from Hilton Head, Bluffton, and Beaufort.
- Trips are limited to 2 passengers
- Multiple boat trips can be coordinated
Catch and Release: All of Green Heron Adventures’ charters are catch and release. While our fish taste great and our fishery is healthy and vibrant, our most popular fish species are struggling to reproduce as fast as our appetites are growing.
Fishing Trips: Here in Beaufort, Hilton Head, and Bluffton, SC our inshore fishery is primarily influenced by an average 8.5 foot tide swing that comes in and out twice each day. Our flats and flood tide fishing trip times and availabilities vary greatly based on what the tide is doing each day. During the warmer months, we also offer inshore fishing trips early in the morning to beat the heat.
Flats Fishing trips are perfect for anglers looking to sight fish with both fly rods and/or light tackle. Year round, the majority of these trips target red fish (red drum) in shallow mud/sand flats and creeks. Seasonally, these trips can also include hunting for cobia, jack crevalle, and triple tail.
Flood Tide Fishing is a style of flats fishing that is so geographically unique to this area that it deserves its own category! From April through November our red fish (red drum) put on a “tailing” show as they take advantage of high tides to feed on crabs in grass flats. Hunting for red fish in the grass requires accurate fly and lure presentations and the thrill of the chase will keep you coming back again and again.
Inshore Fishing trips are available during late spring through early fall when hitting the water early can be advantageous for beating the heat of the day. These trips are not timed with the tide and can include elements of flats fishing as well as traditional light tackle fishing. As with our other trips the primary target species is red fish but depending on the season these trips can also see sea trout, flounder, cobia, jack crevalle, triple tail, tarpon, and small sharks.
Fishing Trips Include:
- Fishing licenses for all anglers
- Rods, tackle, lures, flies, and leaders
- Yeti 35 quart cooler with waters. Let the captain know if your bringing additional beverages and ice will be provided as well.
- Dry storage for your gear
- Coast Guard licensed and insured boat and captain
Things to Bring:
- Dress for and/or have layers available for the worst potential weather conditions
- During days with mild temperatures and little wind, long sleeves and pants are recommended for protection from sand fleas
- Sun screen (Please no spray on sunscreen), polarized sunglasses, and a hat
- Snacks, beverages of choice (soft sided coolers are welcome)
- Fly fishing anglers are encouraged to bring a 7-9 weight fly rod that they enjoy casting
Things Not to Bring:
- Spray on sunscreen,
- Hard coolers/large or heavy objects
- Light tackle rods and reels
The Boat: Capt Rob operates a Beryllium 19 flats skiff that is designed to comfortably handle everything from open bays to stalking fish in less than seven inches of water. The skiff has comfortable seating, dry storage, and ample space for a captain and crew. The Beryllium 19 is a one of a kind flats skiff designed and hand built by Chris Morejohn in 2020. Chris’s colorful 50 plus year career as a boat designer and builder holds many distinctions to include credit as the father of the modern flats skiff, cofounder of Hells Bay Boat Works and designer of their most iconic skiffs including the Whip Ray, Waterman, Professional, Guide, and Marquesa. For more on Chris Morejohn check out his website at chrismorejohn.com.